Wellhouse Lesiure celebrates its 1,000th Ford campervan, and launches its new Misano 4 model…
They tell us:
- Wellhouse Leisure recently produced its 1,000th Ford Transit-based campervan conversion since its first model (the Terrier) was launched in 2013
- The 2022 Ford Transit Custom Misano 4 has the highest standard specification Wellhouse Leisure has ever offered on its Ford conversions
- Misano 4 specification includes higher 3,200 GVW for larger payload (upgrade to 3,400 kg available), choice of 10 interior finishes, 3 floor finishes, 2 worktops, 9 exterior colours, plus:
|· 150w solar panel||· Lithium leisure battery||· Webasto heater with app|
|· tailgate shower||· refillable Gaslow system||· Webasto hot water system|
|· external gas BBQ point||· lower bed air mattress||· upper roof bed|
|· blinds for rear windows||· Remis cab blinds||· new Vitrifrigo drawer fridge|
|· LED mood lighting||· reversing camera||· metallic paint|
- Options: SMEV mini grill, Ford sat nav, safe, starlit roof with Alcantara trim, leather upholstery, extra seating, awnings, towbars, bike racks, roof bars and racks for carrying bikes/kayaks
- Wide variety of derivatives available: SWB or LWB, high or extra high roof or pop-top, plus standard, Trail or Sport trim levels
- Available from £59,750 to £64,750 including a three-year warranty on the base vehicle and the conversion; built in accordance with Ford’s Qualified Vehicle Modifier (QVM) programme
- Euro 6, 2.0 TDCi Ford Eco Blue engine with choice of two power outputs: 130 PS or 170 PS and 6-speed manual or automatic transmission
Wellhouse Leisure is celebrating the production of its 1,000th Ford campervan conversion since it launched its first model, the Terrier, in 2013, plus the introduction of its latest Ford Misano 4 model for 2022 with the highest standard specification it’s ever offered.
The Misano 4 is based on the Ford Transit Custom Limited because it offers a better range of bodystyles, including Trail and Sport trim levels, plus SWB or LWB chassis, and the option of Ford’s high or extra high roofs for those who don’t want a pop-top.
Like all Wellhouse Ford Transit Custom conversions, five people can travel in the Misano 4 and the rear seat (with three seat belts) can slide backwards or forwards on floor-mounted runners to optimise living or load space.
To maximise the payload available, the Misano 4 is based on a Transit Custom with a 3,200 kg chassis. If more payload is required, this can be upgraded to 3,400 kg. There is also a wide choice of power outputs from the 2.0TDCi Ford EcoBlue Euro 6 engine – 130 PS or 170 PS – with either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission.
That high standard specification includes details such as a 150w solar panel, Lithium battery, an 8in digital colour control panel (including levels of fresh and waste water tanks), Webasto heating and hot water system (controllable via an app), the refillable Gaslow system, integrated blinds for all rear windows and Remis cab blinds, an external gas BBQ point, a tailgate shower and the latest (more economical) drawer-style Vitrifrigo fridge, plus much more.
For added style, the Trail model has the F.O.R.D. front grill, body-coloured door handles, unique 16in 10-spoke alloy wheels, a mechanical limited slip differential and a full leather interior.
Alternatively, Sport models include a styling kit with lower front bumper skirt with unique fog light bezels, a rear bumper skirt, sports stripes on the bonnet and rear door, side stripes with Transit branding and body-coloured side skirts. It also has larger 17in alloy wheels and partial-leather seat trim, the ‘high series’ instrument cluster and lane-keeping alert with driver alert.
David Elliott, CEO and founder of Wellhouse Leisure commented: “We’re proud to have produced our 1,000th Ford Transit conversion less than 10 years since we launched our first model. The combination of high standard specification, competitive prices, value for money and excellent build quality have been a great success and attracted many happy customers who love their Wellhouse Ford campers.”
“When we started converting the Ford Transit Custom, we set out to provide a serious rival to the ubiquitous Volkswagen-based campers, so we’re flattered to now see so many converters using the Ford base vehicle; but we always like to stay ahead, so are introducing the Misano 4 with a class-leading specification and the best choice of model derivatives available,” David continued.
Prices for the Misano 4 range from £59,750 to £64,750 with production slots currently available from November 2022. Prices include a three-year warranty on both the base vehicle and the conversion.
There are some options available to order, including: SMEV mini grill, Ford sat nav, safe, starlit roof with Alcantara trim, leather upholstery, extra seating, awnings, towbars, bike racks, roof bars and racks for carrying bikes/kayaks.
Wellhouse Leisure is approved by the Ford Qualified Vehicle Modifier (QVM) programme. It is now able to offer factory tours again, by prior appointment.
Full details of the Ford Custom Misano 4 by Wellhouse Leisure are available at www.wellhouseleisure.com