Suzuki’s Swace hybrid estate car has been updated and extensively revised (2023 models)…
In brief, Suzuki tells us:
- Swace is Suzuki’s mid-sized estate offering drivers excellent efficiency, space and versatility combined with dynamic styling.
- 2023 model update now on sale with new model grade structure – Motion and Ultra.
- Significant changes to Engine and Hybrid system with enhanced performance and minimal change to fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
- 15 per cent increase in Combined maximum power output from 122hp to 140hp.
- Enhanced safety and equipment specification added.
- Upgraded digital and multimedia features.
- Refreshed exterior styling and lighting finishes.
- 8-litre petrol engine with a power output of 97 hp at 5,200 rpm.
- Electric Motor output now increased from 53 kW to 70 Kw.
- WLTP combined fuel consumption of 62.7 mpg and WLTP CO2 emissions of 102 g/km
- Manufactured in the UK with exports to Europe.
- UK Sales plan of 2,000 units per annum.
- Priced at £28,999 for Motion Grade and £30,799 for Ultra.
Suzuki GB PLC has now introduced its 2023 model update Swace in the UK, a stylish and versatile Estate Car with an athletic design, smooth and stable ride comfort and advanced hybrid performance. The latest model now has a higher level of performance with 0 – 62 mph time reduced to 9.4 seconds from 11.1 for the previous model first introduced in November 2020.
For 2023, standard specification is even higher, and the new Motion model includes Emergency Driving Stop system, LED rear lamps, seven airbags, Dual Zone automatic air conditioning, eight-inch LCD colour information screen, heated front seats, heated steering wheel, Smart phone link for wireless Apple CarPlay and wired Android Auto device connectivity, rear parking camera, , new digital instrument cluster with three display modes, type C USB port and Dynamic Radar Cruise control.
The new Ultra grade adds updated Bi-LED projector headlights, Safe Exit Assist, Smart Door locking, Front and Rear Park distance sensors, Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Cross traffic Alert, interior ambient lighting, and centre console tray with wireless charger.
Kim adds: I found that the original Swace was an impressive vehicle and the latest versions promise to be even better. In due course I hope to report in detail on Wheels-Alive on driving the updated and enhanced model.