Project Yonder makes its debut at the Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show, to launch its Mercedes Sprinter-based Freedom 4×4 campervan…
Project Yonder tells us:
(All words and images from Project Yonder).
- Project Yonder: luxury, gas-free, AWD campervans for go anywhere, off-grid adventures
- Project Yonder: founded three years ago by a young couple with a passion for luxury, off-grid campervans inspired by their tour of Europe in their own DIY camper conversion
- Base vehicle: Mercedes Sprinter LWB, 7.0m long, 4.1 tonne GVW with a 190 bhp, 2.0-litre turbodiesel and 9-Tronic automatic transmission. It has a 10.25 inch multimedia system, Rhino off-road wheels, BF Goodrich all-terrain tyres, plus Dutchvanparts spare wheel carrier
- Comfort and style: cabinetry available in range of colours; large ComfiCel memory foam mattress (135cm x 204cm); insulated marine grade cork flooring; thermal grade floor and wall insulation; 10-inch Garmin touchscreen control panel for all lighting and appliances
- High specification: upgraded 14V/250A alternator, 24V Victron electrical system and 5000” inverter, 2-ring Thetford induction hob, Thetford 90-litre fridge/freezer, OGO composting toilet, electric sliding side door, Truma combi D6 E heating/hot water system, 120-litre insulated and heated fresh water tank, 60-litre insulated and heated waste water tank
- Exclusive: only six production slots available for 2024
- Prices: from £156,872 (RWD) or £161,722 (All-Wheel-Drive)
Project Yonder, a new name in luxury, go anywhere, off-grid adventure campervans, is exhibiting for the first time at the Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show 2024 (stand 5132 in Hall 5) and is launching its new Mercedes Sprinter-based, gas-free, 4×4 campervan, the Freedom 4X.
Founded three years ago, Project Yonder is run by a young couple with a passion for cool, go anywhere campervans created by their experience of touring Europe in their own van conversion.
The Freedom 4X is based on a long wheelbase Mercedes-Benz Sprinter with a 4.1 tonne GVW and body length of 7.0m. It is powered by a 190 bhp, 2.0-litre turbodiesel engine with a 9-Tronic automatic transmission as standard, and available with a choice of All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) or RWD.
Exterior: rugged and practical
Standard Rhino off-road wheels with BF Goodrich all-terrain tyres and Dutchvanparts spare wheel carrier ensure its off-road credentials, plus there is a wide range of accessories available to further enhance the style and practicality of the Freedom 4X for extended off-grid trips. These include: roof racks, cargo boxes, a side ladder, bike rack and spot lights, plus a Thule Omnistor awning and tent.
Interior: stylish luxury
The interior features the popular layout of an end bedroom, centre kitchen and washroom, with a front lounge. Bespoke, insulated side pods extend the width of the rear to fit a larger Superior ComfiCel® memory foam mattress (135cm x 204cm) so taller people can sleep across the van.
Customers have the choice of a wide range of colours for the interior furniture and Project Yonder is happy to accommodate bespoke design tweaks and specifications.
For convenience, all the interior lighting and appliances, including the diesel-powered Truma D6 E combi heating and hot water system, are controlled by a bespoke 10-inch Garmin touchscreen control panel created especially for Project Yonder.
The high standard specification includes heated captain swivel seats and semi-automatic air conditioning in the cab, dimmable LED strip lighting, solid surface acrylic worktops with stainless steel sinks and chrome fittings in the kitchen and washroom, plus a separate shower cubicle and an OGO or Separett Tiny composting toilet.
Options: convenience and style
To personalise the Freedom 4X to a customer’s exact specification, an extensive choice of options include: Nespresso coffee machine; E&P hydraulic levelling system; VB air suspension; Oyster Connect WiFi and CYTRAC DX satellite; Truma air conditioning; a secondary Webasto diesel heater.
Specification: ready for off-grid adventures
To make the Freedom 4X comfortable for off-grid adventures any time of year, it is fully winterised with insulated floor and walls and heated fresh and waste water tanks. The gas-free habitation area has a Thetford compressor fridge (90L) and Thetford induction hob powered by a Victron Energy 24V electrical system with two Victron 24V 200Ah Lithium batteries, a Victron 5000W inverter and solar panel with a Victron MPPT charger, plus a 100A Buckboost DC/AC charger.
“We have given up our former careers to follow our passion to create a cool, luxury campervan to take on adventures in any terrain with all the comforts of a beautifully-designed home. We also wanted it to be independent from needing to refill gas bottles or connecting to mains electricity,” said Charlie and Grace, the founders of Project Yonder. “Being able to create a go anywhere, off-grid adventure vehicle for our customers is a dream come true for us – and them,” they added.
Prices start from £156,872 (RWD) or £161,722 (AWD), with a total of only six production slots available for 2024.
- Project Yonder is based in Hastings, East Sussex.
- Technical specifications:
|Fuel tank capacity
|2 (or 4 with optional Cabbunk)
|Seats with seatbelts
|2 (with option of 4)
|Fresh water tank
|120L insulated and heated
|Waste water tank
|60L insulated and heated