They tell us:
- Austin trademark allows Burlen, owners of the J40 Motor Company, to manufacture new pedal cars and parts using the Austin name
- A new company will launch with immediate effect – Austin Pedal Cars Ltd
- J40 Motor Company will continue as a sub-brand of Austin Pedal Cars as a name for its parts, accessories, events, and experiences division
- Austin Pedal Cars will present a new Austin J40 prototype continuation car at the 2022 Goodwood Revival event
- A new range of Austin pedal cars is planned over the coming years
Salisbury: 6th September 2022:
Burlen, owners of the J40 Motor Company, has acquired the Austin trademark which allows them to manufacture new pedal cars, parts, and accessories under the Austin name.
A new company launches, with immediate effect, called Austin Pedal Cars and the renowned J40 Motor Company will become a sub-division of Austin Pedal Cars as a J40-specific parts, accessories, events, and experiences brand. A new Austin Pedal Cars website will launch later in 2022.
The first public appearance of the Austin Pedal Cars name will be at the 2022 Goodwood Revival event where the brand will launch an all-new J40 prototype continuation pedal car. In addition, Austin Pedal Cars plans to launch a series of new Austin pedal car models over the coming years.
Within the Woodcote Paddocks at Goodwood Revival, guests can enjoy the Austin Pedal Cars J40 experience test track, browse a number of original and restored Austin J40 pedal cars offered for sale and preview a host of newly designed J40 parts and accessories. A number of historically important J40 cars will also be on display including the JOY 1 prototype pedal car, and a J40 made on the last day of production in Bargoed, North Wales.
Mark Burnett, Burlen’s Managing Director, said “Austin, as a brand, will live on in our hands, keeping the name alive and educating future generations in the importance of automotive history and giving them the first steps into car ownership. Austin will do this by creating further Austin models whilst also enhancing our parts, clubs and community offering. J40 Motor Company will continue to serve the established J40 community, continuing all the good work the J40 Motor Company name has become renowned for.”