With classic car workshops closed and owners keen to have cars ready for when restrictions lift, Alvis’ parts division Red Triangle, is offering its customers free technical support to them to undertake jobs at home during the restrictions.
Whilst its own workshop is now closed, Red Triangle is still able to ship genuine parts to owners around the world and sought ways it could help them to do work themselves and avoid missing time to enjoy their car at the appropriate time in the future.
“We took the decision to temporarily close our workshop but understand that Alvis owners will want to be ready for when they can get motoring and with time on their hands, are considering doing jobs at home, some they may be tackling for the first time,” says Alvis director Alan Stote. “We have assigned one of our experienced factory technicians, who has access to drawings, factory service manuals and parts catalogues, to respond to customer queries for pre and post war cars.”
Alvis owners can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the opportunity to share images or videos of issues they encounter.
“We hope that this scheme might give owners the confidence to tackle new jobs and sometimes just knowing somebody is there to ask, is all that’s needed.”
About The Alvis Car Company
T.G. John began manufacturing Alvis cars in Coventry in 1920. Coachwork was supplied by Cross & Ellis and Carbodies.
In 1925 Alvis became the first car manufacturer in the world to design and race a front-wheel-drive model. A year later, the Alvis straight-eight FWD GP racing car lapped Brooklands at 121 mph and in 1928 Alvis FWD models finished first and second in class at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The company started producing and marketing FWD cars that year.
Another world-first was achieved in 1933, when Alvis designed the world’s first all-synchromesh gearbox and started working on the first British car with independent front-suspension.
After the World War 2, Alec Issigonis joined Alvis to design a prototype 3500cc V8 engine.
In 1968, the Alvis passenger car division was relocated to Kenilworth after 22,000 vehicles had been built; 50,000 works drawings, technical data sheets and correspondence files are stored there. Through wholly-owned Red Triangle, it continues to manufacture parts, service and restore Alvis cars for existing customers worldwide.
Synonymous with craftsmanship and innovation from the twenties until 1968, the Alvis name and fame continue thanks to The Alvis Car Company, which produces Alvis cars renowned for their outstanding quality and charismatic coachwork. It started developing the original Alvis-designed 3-litre and 4.3-litre units in 2010, focusing on meeting global emission regulations whilst remaining as faithful as possible to the Works drawings still held at the Kenilworth factory. The company manufactures its new range of bespoke limited-edition Continuation Series and in 2019 has nominated respected Japanese company Meiji Sangyo to be its distributor in the region.
Facebook: @Alviscarcompany Instagram: alviscarco